Saturday, August 11, 2012

What time is is????? GAME TIME!

I'm only 3 days away from starting a new year in 3rd grade!  Teaching, like my career in basketball, comes naturally for me...but the inevitable butterflies that I used to get before my games are here just the same for teaching.  I know I can do it...I'm prepared...I'm pumped...but those nerves that used to hit the hardest right during the National Anthem are here now.  I've decorated my room and I'm slowly getting a grip on the curriculum, but the same thought gets me each year at this time.  I will impact lives this year.  My words and actions need to be chosen carefully because they have such tremendous power to hurt or heal...criticize or praise...discourage or inspire.  Take a look into my room and i'll get back with you once the kiddos get here!

Sports Theme!!!!  I love it!

All-Star Helper Board
  
Brain break bucket
Our team! 
Student of the week board
Basketball theme clip chart
Welcome note
John Wooden's Pyramid of Success
Improvement incentive board

Keep on shining!
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. I adore your sports theme classroom!!! I especially love the Kicking off the Year" board. Can you tell me how you made it and where you got those cute letters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get those adorable "We're Having a BalL" letters and the Sports Illustrated words. I have a sports theme and would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sports themed bulletin boards! Where did you get the letters for Kicking Off a Great Year and the templates for the jerseys?

    Thanks,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your John Wooden Pyramid of Success! I'm going to use it for my Team themed class room this year! I also love the clip board bulletin board! So clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your sports theme. Could you tell me how you made the Sports Illustrated and what all of your jobs mean?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you tell me more about your "Improvement Incentive Board", how does it work? It is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you please share your sports illustrated for "all-star of the week" idea and the write ups for your John Wooden's Pyramid for success??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your sports themed behavior chart. Can you share the templates?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can I get your sport behavior chart? Help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. dawnteaches@verizon.netAugust 21, 2014 at 7:40 PM

    Please post your behavior chart to Teachers Pay Teachers. I love it and would like to purchase it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your KICKING OFF A GREAT YEAR board. Where do you get all off your cool letters....or do you make them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mrs Tyner this is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your ideas! Where can I buy your all-star clip chart? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did you make your jerseys?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where can I purchase your behavior clip chart?

    ReplyDelete
  17. where did you get your football field background

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a football field print paper by Faceless Design...rather expensive on Amazon but I found mine cheap at my local teacher store. You can also find a football field tablecloth at a party store that works great!

      Delete